Wren & Sons funeral Home arrange meaningful and respectable military services and are proud to help you through the smallest of details and toughest decisions. Having a plan in place helps ease the stress of your family members. Allow us to help plan your veteran’s funeral arrangements in full through this difficult moment
Wren & Sons funeral home staff can help you design a patriotic tribute to your loved one which includes:
- The completion of applications for veteran’s benefits including the Presidential Memorial Certificate, Military Honors, and a veteran headstone or memorial marker
- Coordinate service with the national or state veterans’ cemeteries
- Coordinate the necessary documentation by the family to request honors for the veteran
Our Professional staff offer you
- Professional services from our Funeral Director, and accompanying staff members
- Cremation services
- The transfer and professional care of your beloved veteran
- The use of our facilities and specialists for a gathering or visitation
- The use of our automotive equipment
- A memorial, tribute, or funeral ceremony
- Use of our online and interactive memorial website
- Customizable additional options which include a meaningful tribute video and specialized engraving
The basic Military Funeral Honors (MFH) ceremony consists of the folding and presentation of the United States flag to the veterans’ family and the playing of Taps. The ceremony is performed by a funeral honors detail consisting of at least two members of the Armed Forces.
The Funeral Honors rendered to you or your veteran will be determined by the status of the veteran. The type of Funeral Honors may be Full Military Honors, 7 Person Detail or a Standard Honors Team Detail.
At least one of the funeral honors detail will be from the Armed Force in which the deceased veteran served. Taps may be played by a bugler or, if a bugler is not available, by using a quality recorded version. Military Funeral Honor Teams may act as Pall Bearers if requested by the veteran/family.